A stubborn stain on precious rug can give anyone a heartache. But, it is not that bad! You can always follow a rug stain removal remedy or call professionals. In this post, we will discuss how you can remove different stains from your flooring. Read on to learn more.
If you have kids or you like to binge-watch series while eating chocolate on your sofa, your rug may get a chocolate stain. That’s fine; we have got you covered with this remedy:
- Scarp away the chocolate with a dull knife. If the chocolate melts, place an ice pack on it before scraping.
- Vacuum the spot to remove all chocolate particles.
- Mix vinegar in warm water and soak a cloth in this solution.
- Apply the mixture with a clean paper towel and leave it for five minutes.
- Blot the spot until your rug regains its original look.
You can also use the same remedy for syrups, chocolate shakes and similar food items.
2. Tea or Coffee
Coffee or tea stains are common in many households and offices. So, here is what you can do after accidentally spilling coffee or team on your rug:
- Add hydrogen peroxide to dish soap.
- Blot the spill with clean clothe and then apply the solution you have prepared.
- Let it sit for a few minutes and spread it on the spot with your fingers.
- Rinse the stained area with water and blot it again.
Even though it is easy to remove a tea or coffee stain, be careful not to spill it on your rug. The fibres may hold on to the stain particles and get damaged over years.
3. Muddy Patches
It can be fun for kids and pets to jump on the rug with muddy feet, hands and dirty clothes. But you can easily remove these stains; here is how:
- Let the stain dry completely.
- Remove as much as mud with a dull knife.
- Vacuum the spot neatly.
- Apply a suitable detergent and let it sit for ten minutes.
- Blot the area with a clean towel.
Pro Tip: Read the care label, and ask the manufacturer or expert rug cleaners about the most suitable detergent for your flooring. Not all solutions are good for fibres.
4. Fatty stains like butter or gravy
No matter how careful you are, stain accidents happen! Here is what you can do in such cases:
- Sprinkle baking soda on the spot.
- Allow it to be on the spill for six to eight hours.
- Vacuum clean the rug, and blot the spill.
We hope you find our rug stain removal guide helpful. Do try these remedies and ask professionals for deep cleaning treatments regularly. It’s easier to remove stains from a rug that is dust-free. The dust, germs and insects cling to the stain particles and make it harder for you to remove them. So, ensure a proper cleaning schedule and clean spills with these remedies.